Saturday 6 April 2013

Glitter Time Out Bottles

I saw this idea on Pinterest and was so impressed I had to try it out for myself. You shake it and the glitter settles slowly as you watch and relax. I love the idea for getting children to focus on something else and relax while having a time out or quite time. It took me a few goes to get the consistency right and it will probably be the same for you. 

 
What you will need: Bottle (water bottle or any clear container with a screw top lid), clear glue (or glitter glue), ultra fine glitter and superglue.

 


What you will need to do: Fitt the bottle 3/4 with hot water (the water needs to be hot enough to melt the glue - not boiling but very hot). Add your glue and glitter and shake until it dissolves. Keep adding glue or water to get the consistency right. I used a LOT more glue then what's pictured above and still could use some more. The more glue you add the longer it will take for the glitter to settle. You want it to take at least 5 mins to settle. Superglue the lid on.

No comments:

Post a Comment